Rock a Floral Dress this Spring!
A floral dress looks playful yet sunny; it can brighten up your appearance and offers more visual appeal than ‘solid-ed’ dresses. Floral fashion is fun! But, because they are already colorful, they aren’t always easy to accessorize. Here are some accessorizing ideas…
Go minimal: If your top has a very busy print, keep the accessorizing bit minimal. Choose only one accessory – either a necklace, or a pair of earrings, or a bracelet. For instance, you can pick a nude pair of cute wedges or high-heeled pumps or sandals to go with a busy floral dress.
Keep it simple: Once you decide on the accessory, keep it simple. Wear thin-line bracelets, hoop earrings or a simple chain or pearl necklace. These won’t clash with the print on the dress.
Pick your accessory-
- Necklaces:When wearing necklaces, try a thin necklace with a pendant that matches the most minimal colour in your dress. For example, if the colours on your dress/top include a lot of blue, some cream and a bit of pink, go for a pink pendant or necklace. Try gemstones instead of beads, since they go better with thin chains.
- Earrings:When wearing earrings, studs are your best bet (because you don’t want to get irritated by danglers and hoops in the sun). They don’t compete with the dress, but will complete the look.
- Bangles and Bracelets:If your sleeves are short or three-quarter, try a big rustic looking bangle in a colour that contrasts with the dress’s main colour. Don’t wear other accessories with the bangle. Let the bangle stand out with the dress.
- Belts:One way to add pop and contrast to a dress, while adding definition to a look, is by wearing a belt. For multi-coloured dresses, you can choose a belt that matches one of the colours in your dress. By contrast, black and white floral print dresses can work with nearly any accessory colour, but always look appealing with a red belt.
- Bags: While many of you have a sizable handbag collection already, there is always room for one more. Try tote bags, envelope clucthces, block bags, cross body bags and don a happy and comfortable look, this spring.
- Shoes: When selecting shoes to pair with a floral print dress, consider both the look of the dress and the setting in which you plan to wear it. For spring, sandals are a popular choice. Flat or low-heeled sandals are good options for occasions when you have to do a lot of walking, such as a shopping excursion. High-heeled sandals can take a floral print dress to another level of chic. When paired with a jacket or other business attire, floral print dresses can work well as a work-dress, especially when worn with classic pumps.